Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 9. I've changed up the idea.

My goal when I started this experiment was simply to write every day. I set out originally to just write one chapter a night.

The problem presented here is that some chapters simply aren't as long as others. One night I'd write 750 words, the next, 1800.

Instead I've decided to dedicate a certain amount of time to the writing. Last night, in order to catch up a bit, I wrote for 1:15. I also put down 3200 words, so... That's good.

From now on, I just wanna dedicate one solid hour a night to the writing. If I'm at a good stopping point with 5 minutes left, I'll stop. If I'm in the middle of a chapter at an hour, I'll keep going.

At this point I'm up to 13500 words. That's an average of 1500 per night. Not bad, but not the 1750 I need to finish by April 1st. Hopefully with the new "hour a night" schedule, it'll get better.

We'll see how tonight goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment